Thursday, February 5, 2015

Will I Ever Learn

I thought I'd chat with you for just a few moments tonight.  I've been watching my grand-baby today,  She just turned 1 in January and does she keep you on your toes! She is toddling around pretty well now and she is a hoot!  Some of the faces she makes and when she has something to tell you about, it really is hard not to laugh!! She gets very dramatic and waves her hands and makes faces.  She's adorable :)

So, the last few days I have been reading tons of opinions about this new book that Miss Harper Lee is going to release.  There is so much that I really don't want to believe about it.  From what I gather, the person that 'found' this lost book is a lawyer in the law firm that Miss Harper's sister worked in and who (whom?), after the retirement of the sister, took over the financial aspects of the sisters.  Miss Harper's sister dies and shortly afterwards, this lost book appeared and Miss Harper gave permission to have it published.

So, here's where I get a tad upset.  I found out that Miss Harper is deaf, mostly blind and doesn't understand much any more.  It has been said that she'll sigh anything you want her to.  She doesn't know any better. With her sister gone, there is no one to protect her.  How could someone do this?  I have no doubt that Miss Harper wrote that book, which would be wonderful to read, but at what cost? I just don't know how to feel about this now.  I really hope that 'it all comes out in the wash', the WHOLE truth.  I am now going to need to keep up on this.  I won't read or purchase the book if it means lining the pocket of someone that has no right to it. Okay, enough of that for now.  It just really gets me upset!

So, what plans do you have for this weekend coming up?  I will have 2 whole days with nothing to do, so I am working on finishing up the last few details to have my book review blog up and running!  I have already written up some reviews of the last several books I have read.  But, I have a super 1st review that I am lining up and I am so excited about it!  I will be interviewing the author of the book!!  So very, very exciting for me!!  So, when all is ready, I will post it on here with a link.  I do hope you will visit the blog.

Well, I think I will go for now.  I hope the weather isn't giving too many of you difficulties.  I think it should just be rather cold here now, with no snow in the forecast.  Have a fun weekend and remember to keep those you love close to your heart, even when they are far away.

Until next time,
Hugs from me to you

2 comments:

  1. How exciting to be doing a review on this book. I look forward to it! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my favorite books so I was quite excited about a sequel after all these years. Seems as if Harper Lee has always had some controversy swirling. I had not heard these things and I hope that everything works out for the best. It is sad to think of her old, frail, and vulnerable.

    ReplyDelete