Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happiness

 
  As I sit here today, looking out my window at the shining sun and realizing that there are birds singing, I thought about happiness.  What really is happiness?

   According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, it is a state of well-being and contentment, a pleasurable or satisfying experience. The words joy, bliss, gladness, even warm fuzzies can be used to describe happiness.

   I am realizing, as I get older, that being happy sometimes comes so easy.  For me, a simple cup of coffee can make me happy.  A funny movie or a wonderful mystery book.  Clean sheets and flannel pajamas.
  
   My dream has always been to live where I can hear the ocean.  I have many pictures of beaches, sea shells, little beach huts.  Just looking at these pictures are enough to bring those content and happy feelings to me.

   Lately, I have been crocheting and sewing more and more.  I realized a few days back that when I am stressed or my day is really going downhill fast, just picking up a ball of yarn and a hook or some needles brings such a feeling of calmness and contentment.  I feel happy.

   Happiness is different for each of us.  What makes you happy?  Whatever it is, I hope you find it and have all the peace, comfort and happiness that is possibly.

   Have a wonderfully happy weekend!
Hugs....
   
   
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment