Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring Has Sprung!

I really thought we were never going to have temps above 30, but I stand corrected!  For the last 2 days, I have had the windows open and have not frozen!  The sun is shining, the snow has melted and the birds are singing! With all of this wonderful fresh air I have been inhaling, I have felt rather peppy.  I have washed the outside of my little patio and am making bunting for it.  I am planning all of my container plants and possibly a small fairie garden.  Inside, I have cleaned my closet out and folded all of the winter clothes and stored them on their shelves. That felt real good, putting away the sweaters and turtle necks and the coats, gloves and scarves. Not that I don't love my cozy winter things, but April is not the time for them!

I have started the Easter crafting this week.  I am making some small items for the new little one.  A bunny, an embroidered egg and a cute hat.  I may even make a basket if I have time.  I am also making a couple of things for Laura. I love holidays!

So, change of subject now.  Have any of you been sick this winter and needed throat lozenges?  I had a sinus/ throat thing that lasted almost 3 weeks.  Two of these weeks I couldn't talk without scaring everyone!  Laura told me to stop talking, as it made her throat hurt listening to me!  Anyway, I used cough drops so I wouldn't need to constantly drink water.  Ashleigh brought over Halls cough drops.  Well, the paper the drops were wrapped in have uplifting quotes and sayings on them.  I tell you, I loved those little papers.  It's nice to read something uplifting when you feel like a truck has run over you.  So, I have wrote down some of my favourites and thought I would share some with you.

Keep your chin up.
Hi-five yourself.
Don't give up on yourself.
Be unstoppable.
Impress yourself.
Dust off and get up.
Be resilient.
You can do it and you know you can.
You've survived tougher.
Take charge and mean it.
And my favourite:
Don't give up on yourself.

Who knew cough drops could be so inspiring?

Well, I am off to working on some Easter decor.  I hope all of you are having a warm spring day! Remember to hug someone, laugh over something and smile.  It's good for you! :)

Until next time,
Hugs from me to you

No comments:

Post a Comment