Saturday, April 7, 2012

Snafus, weeds and a new friend


   My goodness, it seems like eons since I have posted!  We had anelectric snafu that lasted 6 days, yes, 6 days without electric!  Then my poor, old, tempermental computer decided it needed a vacation, so it went away to Computer Vacationland, and has just returned, rested and ready to work!

   Have you been having a problem with weeds this spring?  I am mostly talking about dandelions!  My goodness, they are taking over the entire city!  I'm thinking it must be due to the warm winter we had, with a very limited snowfall.  I am not sure, but I think i saw a sci-fi movie about the weeds taking over!  It has gone from 1 pretty dandelion to whole fields full!  Allergy meds are flying off the shelves!!  It may be a bit soon to ask for it, but we need a cold, snowy winter!

   Now I am going to tell you about my afternoon.  There is yarn store in the town I live in.  It is called Ewe-Nique Knits.   I have lived in this town for 8 months and never, until today, have ventured inside.  Now, seeing you don't know me except through this blog, you don't know how hard it is for me to talk to a stranger.  I just clam up, break out in sweats, the whole nine-yards!  My daughter has told me that I really should check the place out.  I love crocheting and am getting back to knitting and there is nothing like being surrounded by yarn!  It is a calming experience, at least for me.  So, today I ventured out.  I probably sat in my car, outside the shop, for a good 5 minutes.  I finally gave myself a talk, opened my car door and went inside the shop.  It was heaven!!  I touched every hank and skein of yarn in the store, looked at book upon book, and guess what?  I talked to the owner!  The nicest woman there is!  She talked to me about the yarn, projects she has done, showed me a scarf she designed and then, she invited me to come to the Monday group that meets!  I tell you, I haven't felt this good or happy in a while!  The knitting night is April 16 and I am going!!  Besides getting help with my projects, I may make another friend!

   I must be off now.  Have some things left to do today before I can play with my new yarn and needles!  Thanks for stopping by and hopefully, I won't have anymore snafus in the future!

   Hugs....

No comments:

Post a Comment