Sunday, June 21, 2015

A Museum Mystery

I have always loved a good mystery.It can be in the form of a movie,an audio book,an e-reader or a good old fashioned, hold-it-in-your-hands book.I cannot get enough.I blame my dad.He was a mystery buff. 

Privy To The Dead is the sixth book in the Museum Mystery series by author Sheila Connolly. How I have missed this author in my cozy mystery readings is a mystery in itself! I will say upfront that I did win this book in a contest and am utterly glad I did :)

Nell Pratt is the main character in this series.She starts as the fundraiser for the Pennsylvania Antiquarian Society and becomes the President of it along the way. The Society houses documents,furniture and other historic items of Pennsylvania,including a privy. Yes,you read that right,a privy.Now get that picture out of your mind. :)

Take an event of 100 years ago,throw in a present day murder,and what do you get? A daughter that may find out something she didn't want to know about her father and grandfather,a staff of researchers that may not all be who you think they are,an FBI agent that tries to stay out of things and a Society head that has her hands full!

Now a little about Sheila Connolly, taken from her book jacket. Sheila has taught art history, structured and marketed municipal bonds for major cities,worked as a staff member on two statewide political campaigns,and served as a fundraiser for several nonprofit organizations.She also managed her own consulting company,providing genealogical research services.Sheila loves restoring old houses,visiting cemeteries and traveling.She does have first-hand knowledge of some of the things she uses in her books.

The Museum Mysteries are one of three series that Sheila writes. Orchard Mysteries and County Cork Mysteries are the other two series that Sheila spins her magical web to create. 

So, dear readers, if you find yourself looking for something new to read, why not try one of the series by Sheila Connolly. I guarantee you won't regret it.

Until next time, sit outside, soak up the sun, listen to the birds and broaden your mind by reading a book!

Deb

4 comments:

  1. I'm a huge mystery buff too. especially in summer. I can disappear in one of them for the whole day. never heard of her before but will add her to my Amazon wishlist. thanks for the introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, Deb! It made me want to check it out :)

    Have a great rest of your week!

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete